Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pure heart, good conscience, and sincere faith

As a young mom, there are so many things I want my child grow in learning - potty training, ABC's,  social skills, etc.  But today I came across a verse that brought me back into focus:  

"But the aim of such instruction is love that comes from a pure heart, a good conscience, and sincere faith."  - 1 Timothy 1:5.

And I remembered - That is what I want for my daughter- a pure heart, a good conscience, and sincere faith, overflowing in love.  I plastered the verse all over her playroom to remind myself.

2 comments:

iheartchocolate said...

yes!

Anonymous said...

I want that as well, and often I have to rely on others to examplify the many things that I fall short on for my children. Praise God for other followers of the Way.