Monday, February 18, 2008

Make her giggle

When my heart is heavy and I feel really stressed, I find that I have little energy for taking care of my baby girl.  I have been praying for God to show me how to handle situations like this.  Recently God has answered my prayer.  When I am feeling the most like the anxieties of life are weighing me down and feeling the least like taking care of my baby, God has taught me to turn all of my attention to making the baby giggle.  There is nothing like the giggle of a child to bring a smile to one's face.  And it forces me to become really silly, which makes all of life seem not so serious.  Most significantly, I think, focusing on making her giggle effectively turns my attention away from my problems and my anxieties and focuses me upon loving my neighbor in a really concrete and specific way - in this case the neighbor is my baby.  I thank God for this little person to love, and I am so grateful for her giggles.

No comments: